A turn around for the series, Kevin Greutert directed a near-perfect Saw that delivers on everything....but it's promise.
The Story behind John's last game had the promise that "the game would come full circle"...well the Shotgun Carousel is a circle...I guess that counts? Hoffman and Jill work together to carry out this game and along the way we learn to hate Health care workers.
Traps- Much better....although the reasons people are put in these traps are worse then Saw 4....much much much worse. Now you can be put in a Jigsaw trap for smoking or being alone (MY FAVORITE REASON EVER).
Acting- Pretty decent....which by Saw standards means some of the best acting since 1 or 3. Although Tanedra Howard should have stayed in porn because she is awful in this movie (I don't know if she was ever in porn, but don't worry she's also in Saw 3D.)
How about the all important ending...well one twist seems pretty easy to figure out..I mean I had to check HouseofJigsaw.com to find out it was actually a twist! The other one is...creepy if you think about it...I can't say too much without giving it away. But if you get this one your a sick bastard.
So I may have given it away from the title but this is the last good Saw. Maybe they should have stopped here...
My Grade- B
Rotten Tomatoes: Critics- 41% RT Users- 67%
IDMB- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1233227/
No comments:
Post a Comment