"Release the Crap!" -Zeus
A sad attempt at a remake of a classic campy film. Like all crappy summer action movies almost every action scene in this movie has a been there done that feel to it. The only scene that actually was entertaining was the Medusa fight. The movie's biggest flaw comes when the Kraken is released. I don't want to spoil anything but sadly the Kraken took longer getting out of the water then it did battling Perseus (Sam Worthington).
The film is surprisingly well acted! Liam Neeson is the best thing in this movie and Ralph Fiennes plays a great Hades. But Sam Worthington has to come into this movie with a perfect military buzz cut (I guess Gods have great barbers) and mess everything up. His acting feels like I'm watching the local high school put on a performance of Clash of the Titans. Then again I have never found Sam Worthington a good actor and am not surprised by this crappy performance.
The CGI in this film is awful considering the budget of the film was $125 million. The scorpions were ok in there "smaller" size but when the Giant scorpions come it is pretty easy to tell that it was the same scorpion blown up 400%. This looks god awful! The only good effect in this film was the Kracken
Although it's to late to complain about the 3D I want to take this moment to apologize to my local movie theatre....After the film was over I took the glasses. I felt like this was the only way to be paid back. You guys should not have charged me the 3d price for the obviously 2d movie.
A sad attempt at a remake of a classic campy film. Like all crappy summer action movies almost every action scene in this movie has a been there done that feel to it. The only scene that actually was entertaining was the Medusa fight. The movie's biggest flaw comes when the Kraken is released. I don't want to spoil anything but sadly the Kraken took longer getting out of the water then it did battling Perseus (Sam Worthington).
The film is surprisingly well acted! Liam Neeson is the best thing in this movie and Ralph Fiennes plays a great Hades. But Sam Worthington has to come into this movie with a perfect military buzz cut (I guess Gods have great barbers) and mess everything up. His acting feels like I'm watching the local high school put on a performance of Clash of the Titans. Then again I have never found Sam Worthington a good actor and am not surprised by this crappy performance.
The CGI in this film is awful considering the budget of the film was $125 million. The scorpions were ok in there "smaller" size but when the Giant scorpions come it is pretty easy to tell that it was the same scorpion blown up 400%. This looks god awful! The only good effect in this film was the Kracken
Although it's to late to complain about the 3D I want to take this moment to apologize to my local movie theatre....After the film was over I took the glasses. I felt like this was the only way to be paid back. You guys should not have charged me the 3d price for the obviously 2d movie.
| What the movie looks like with 3d Glasses.....DARK AS FUCK |
This movie is definetly a skip. If you've seen the original and any action movie made since 2000 you have seen this movie.
-Wilson
My Grade-F+Rotten Tomatoes: Critcs-28% RT users-48%
No comments:
Post a Comment