January 2009, a young man decides to spend his Friday night watching a new superhero movie that recently came out. 2 hours later he walked out of the Theatre confused and feeling like he was just robbed of his money
"What did I just see?" said the young man
What he saw was shit, not just normal shit (See Katherine Heigl movies) but shitty shit (See my Epic Movie review).
When I originally wrote my Rotten Tomatoes review for this movie I challenged myself to not name a single bad thing about this movie....I couldn't, looking back on the movie I still can't.
This movie had a plot that jumped around and made less sense then a 5 year old A.D.D child who just drank a red bull. I was told by a friend that's how the comic was....well my dear friend that comic sounds horrible! EXPLANATION could have saved this movie. Explain why the Spirit can get shot and then stand right back up. Stop casually mentioning characters from his back story and actually show us what happened (They eventually did...2/3 of the way through the movie)
Gabriel Macht (The Spirit) could not deliver a dramatic line that didn't make me laugh at how stupid he and the writing was and he couldn't give a comedic line that made me laugh. The acting all throughout was bad but Gabriel's is a special kind of bad. Sadly he still acts. Of course his movie always tank and go straight to DVD so it's only a matter of time before he's serving me my Mcdouble and fries. Oh wait I did think of something I liked! Samuel L. Jackson played so over the top I'm pretty sure he was touching the sun. Now some people may think this was to much, and I can see why you think that. But people, it's Samuel Jackson! The best acting he gives is over the top! It was a bright spot in a very grey and bland movie (ALL PUN INTENDED)
So if you want to see this movie just watch Iron Man instead and if you want to see Samuel L. Jackson in this movie....go see any of his other movies! They're all the same!
My Grade- F
Rotten Tomatoes: Critics-15% RT Users- 30%
IDMB- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0831887/
IDMB- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0831887/
| Do you see any difference between these 2 pictures? |
No comments:
Post a Comment