The sequel to the original Saw explained the story behind the Saw series and gave it a new light but some of the traps failed to live up to my expectations.
Good: Plot: Oh man oh man oh man, this is why I love Saw. In this film it explains why Jigsaw commits these acts of torture and violence. His logic and reasoning is coming from a good place which is ironic.
Scary Traps: Saw 2 is the only Saw that has a trap that actually makes me leave the room. Which I love. That would be the hypodermic needle trap. Needles, needles everywhere. And imagine being thrust into a pit full of these needles. Yeah, you're shivering now. Now imagine digging through them looking for something. If you have not cringed once throughout this, you're a greater man than I.
Bad: Traps: Personally, I didn't like the house trap. I'm was very interested with the Nerve Gas part but slowly lost interest. I mean, there comes a certain point where seeing people cough up blood doesn't make you cringe or feel sick anymore.
Twist: Not nearly as good as the first one. The first just made you gape at the screen thinking 'WHAT' but this kinda gave the impression of 'Wow, all he had to do was...'. But a fair twist. I'm putting this in the 'bad' section because it didn't live up to expectations.
Why the people were in the traps: <- self explanatory title. One was there because he was a snitch for the cops (that's a GOOD thing?) and another was because his daddy was a corrupt cop.
Characters: Remember back in high school where everyone was a stereotype? Slut, black dude, 'roid rager? Yeah, that was pretty much the cast in Saw 2. Although it was pretty funny to watch. This could be a pro or a con depending on how much you liked high school.
Overall: A good movie. Not as good as the first though.
My Grade: B+
-Still no quotes. Sorry. I might add stories into the mix just for fun next week.-
-Fogarty
No comments:
Post a Comment