Simple. Take a new director/screenwriters script and make him change the characters to what you want them to be. Sounds horrible huh? Strangely enough it worked out perfectly
| Tobin Bell...you'll hear a lot about him later |
Saw 2 is written and directed by Darren Lynn Bousman (a personal favorite), and stars Tobin Bell as the Jigsaw killer, Donnie Wahlberg as Detective Eric Matthews, and Shawnee Smith as Amanda. This cast fixed the main problem of the original-it's weak acting. Sadly the cast of nobodies that are put in Jigsaw's new trap make sure the acting stays an average of CRAP. Sadly the story does not really help these nobodies...I think I can remember the names of three out of the 7 that is involved in the house trap. Luckily they're pretty easy to tell apart. Black guy, Pissed off guy, Bald guy, blond chick who does nothing, Slut, the young kid....The characters are not as explored as much as Adam or Dr. Gordon were in the original, but lucky this main trap is balanced out by Tobin Bell and Donnie Wahlberg.....
They're performances are great! And they're characters are strong and well developed! Luckily their dialogue makes up the other half of this movie so it balances out the bad characterization of the House trap members
So with a whole house to go to the traps are pretty tame....in comparison to the newer ones in the series. Call me a retro fan but I like this. Why can't they all be tame! I don't want to see some Death Go-Kart (Saw 3D.....fuck I'm nervous....) I want to see a pit filled with hypodermic needles!!! The traps, like most in the original trilogy, are relatively easy to make, which adds to the physiological value of this movie. I like that and I'm always happy when I see this in the newer movies (the water box in Saw 5). So how does this stack up to the original? Well it's kinda hard to compare it to the original. It started as a whole different movie, and bares little reference to the original. So strangely enough you could say Saw 2 started this monster Horror franchise
-Wilson
-Wilson
My Grade- B-
RT: Critics- 35% Users- 66%
No comments:
Post a Comment