Tuesday, June 7, 2011

DVD Review-Week of 6/7/11

This week on DVD review I get to mini-review True Grit and Just Go With It!
True Grit-
True Grit is the Coen Brothers doing what the Coen Brothers do best...delivering a movie that's perfect, up until the last 5 minutes where they totally fuck everything up. True Grit is an amazing movie that suffers from the fatal Coen flaw, a shit ending that is rushed and undelivered. Don't get me wrong; to say I thought True Grit was the best movie of 2010 is an understatement. I saw this movie 3 times in theatres and I'm clutching the blueray/dvd/digital copy combo right now whispering naughty things to it. This movie is definitely must see for anyone! Seeing it 3 times I was able to experience the movie with multiple crowds and I only ran into a few people who actually hated the movie, a couple of western movie buffs whose heads would swivel 360 degrees like an owl if you said "John Wayne" to loudly and my ex-girlfriend. Notice that ex part, yea I fucking loved this movie and no one was going to tell me it was bad. (You think she would of liked it though. Early that day she was thrown off a horse and landed on her head and in the movie Jeff Bridges shoots a horse in the head.  I see that as poetic justice.)
Overall- A+ (I'll give it a major review one of these weekends)

Just Go With It-
Now I'll admit I didn't see the movie, but it looked bad. A useful tip is that when a movie stars Jennifer Aniston and proudly displays her on the cover of their dvd, it's a horrible movie. Adam Sandler so I bet there was some really hot blonde chicks in the movie (there's always a hot blonde in a Sandler movie. Thank god for that) and some fart jokes. Overall you'll probably want to skip this one, but then again this could be a better date movie then that Notebook or Mama Mia crap my ex made me watch (yep, same one that hated True Grit). Never mind if you're a guy totally rent this movie cause it looks like the perfect* date movie
Rotten Tomatoes- 18%
Next week on DVD is
Battle: LA, Hall Pass (damn that was fast), and Red Ridding Hood
*also by perfect I mean perfect as long as you're willing not to score Romance points with your lady that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog