Ah yes, Twilight. The series that has blue balled more men than a terribly timed phone call from your partner's mother. Honestly, I love it. Not for the plot or Kristin Stewart's EXCELLENT acting (she'd be a damn good poker player with her expression of emotions) but for the absurdity and stupidity of it.
When I went to see New Moon with my gay brother (He hated it strangely) and various other people, we had a running joke to see how many times Jacob would take off his shirt and reveal his glorious six pack (By 'we' I mean all the dudes who were bored our of their bloody minds) and based off this trailer they are not parting with that. 40 seconds in, Jacob took his shirt off. When I told my partner of this, he replied 'IT TOOK THAT LONG?'.
The next best part of Twilight as a whole is the fact that the idea of abstinence is jammed down the spectator's throat like a young woman working her way through college. This makes it so much better when you see that Edward and Bella are going at it like one of them hasn't been fucked in a millennium. I can infer this because Edward breaks the head of the bed (not Bella's neck, sorry guys).
Honestly, I found this trailer funny if you are taking as a JOKE but if you are going to watch this movie with your Edward plushie and t shirt, then you are obviously going to love this trailer as well. But for those who enjoy the movies with strict moderation to avoid being labeled as one of 'those girls' that get ignored by the guys because they're just not THAT desperate enough then you will be disappointed by it. Because looking at it seriously (by that I mean I called my gay brother in, it's rather helpful to have one with these sort of predicaments) then you will be disappointed because it seems like a rather big joke than actually showing any deep emotional changes in the characters (Jacob taking his shirt off after being chased by his crippled father is not a deep emotional change, it's just funny) or anything that would give at a deep story. But that's just my opinion.
Here's the trailer by the way-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIpeBi6SG4A
-Fogarty
And we're back. Just FYI.
No comments:
Post a Comment