What I enjoyed about this movie was how it tried to give a backstory story on why Magneto was so evil and Charles being such a goodie two shoes. Ironically, it's also what I hated. They paint Magneto as a man who struggled through life haunted by revenge due to him being a Holocaust victim. You feel empathy towards him, and I enjoyed that because it made sense on why he acted the way throughout the movies. Same with Charles, he acts like a goody two shoes because he was raised in such wealth that it's so fucking amazing that he doesn't drive a gold plated wheelchair and therefore was never exposed properly to the world. Explains it perfectly, but now I think that Charles can suck a fat cock for trying to tell people what to do when he hasn't been exposed to the slightest shit. (See this movie and you won't think I'm being a cock to him either)
One thing that bugged me was how they tried to wrap everything up in a neat little bow. Like how Beast looks the way he is, why Mystique went to Magneto instead of Xavier (DESPITE GROWING UP WITH XAVIER WHICH MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE) and ect ect. It added to the movie I admit, but hearing the audience have an insightful "Ahhh" every bloody time something was explained really wore on my nerves.
Last thing Marvel does that bugs me is to tie in a classic character. In this one it is Wolverine. Charles and Magneto walk into a bar (this has the start of a great joke) and in is Wolverine having whisky or whatnot. They walk up to him and introduce themselves to which Wolverine replies 'Fuck off'. They walk out. I know why they put that in, to have the audience cream themselves by seeing HUGH FUCKING JACKMAN but honestly Marvel, it hurts when you put someone in for a split second then pull out like a teenager's first time. You did it in Thor (Movie sucked) with saying 'I hope its not Stark's robots' and it's the same annoyance.
Overall, I liked it. Nothing so bad I would tell you to not see it but nothing so good I mentioned it.
No comments:
Post a Comment